Sunday 5 April 2009

American Girl


I fell in love with Tom Petty in the movie Ladder 65. The movie makes me cry like a baby girl, but it was there when I listened to the song You and Me. Curiousity filled me and I looked for more of his songs.. Then I found this one.

This song makes me happy. Makes me want to jump up and down all the time. Dance around my room and sing. I am not American, but this song, I think I have a bit of the girl that he is singing about. At least I wish. It'd be so cool to have a song that describes you so free, independent, and at the same time, strong and selfless..

You see, I believe that changes help you grow. When I broke up with a long time boyfriend I too the small jump and I left to New Zealand for 6 months. When I didn't know what path to take on my life, I took the risk and I came to U.K. Right now I'm considering either going to Canada or going to New Zealand, again. I am not afraid of going to different places. Some people say that its more about running away from what I fear, or avoiding things. Maybe I do. But I think that sometimes a change is what you need to feel better.. Either going to another country, have a haircut (I cut my hair btw), dye your hair, have a new hobbie, see a new place.. And I am young, I get to do these things, until I can't anymore.. But still, when I won't be able to go around the world any time I need a change, I know that I will find a way to keep evolving into something different, trying to not get stuck into the same thing, trying to get better and to know me better every time.

Hell, I can say I'm an American Girl (latinAmerican but whatever). I want to say this is my song, so I will say I am American.


I love this song. Please, enjoy it <3

Artist: Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
Album: Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
Year: 1976
Title: American Girl

Well, she was an American girl
Raised on promises
She couldn't help thinkin'
That there was a little more to life somewhere else
After all it was a great big world
With lots of places to run to
And if she had to die tryin'
She had one little promise she was gonna keep

O yeah, all right
Take it easy, baby
Make it last all night
She was an American girl

Well it was kind of cold that night,
She stood alone on her balcony
Yeah, she could hear the cars roll by,
Out on 441 like waves crashin' on the beach
And for one desperate moment
There he crept back in her memory
God it's so painful when something that's so close
Is still so far out of reach

O yeah, all right
Take it easy, baby
Make it last all night
She was an American girl



<3
Penny

Ps. And how cool is the name of the band? I'd totally have a band called: Penny Lane and the Heartbreakers... Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment