Saturday 4 April 2009

Beautiful Mess



Some people don't understand that I am a complicated woman (or girl). Its not that I am proud of it. Not, I am not. But this is who I am.

I am stubborn, and impulsive, loyal, friendly, insecure and strong at the same time. I am independent, I don't like feeling completely committed to something so soon, or at all, but I know that if I ever find the right person not even a storm of people against it will stop me. I hate growing old and I wish I could be just like a little girl all the time, but at the same time I enjoy having the independence that my years have given me.

I don't follow orders. Unless is from someone who's above me (aka, father, boss, teacher). And if you tell me that I should do something, I will do the opposite. I am a private person, I don't like people knowing what I do, what I don't do and then telling me what they think about my decisions. I don't like that. At all. I can't trust people so easily, I have many secrets that I won't ever tell to you unless you show me that I can trust you.

I might look sweet but I am a bit cold inside. I've never fallen in love, I believe in the chemistry between people more than I believe in love at first sight. I believe that love is more as a chemistry thing between two people, is like having a best friend and a lover at the same time. And I do believe that you have to pass the test of the talk before deciding you want to be with some one. For me, in a relationship is important that you can actually spend hours talking to someone but that you can't even feel the hours passing by.

I can be a close minded person and I often take extreme decisions. I don't often see things between the shades of gray..

People, some people, want to see me with their own visions of what I'd like, what I should like. I don't work that way. I am who I am, I might not know what I want yet, but I am sure what I don't want. I break stereotypes and I enjoy doing it. I am a beautiful mess sometimes...

But I think that all of these things define me, good or bad, they are part of me and even if some people find it complicated to deal with me, I am not a bad person, if you just let me be, you will find me quite entertaining.



Artist: Jason Mraz
Album: We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
Year: 2008
Title: A Beautiful Mess

You've got the best of both worlds
You're the kind of girl who can take down a man,
And lift him back up again
You are strong but you're needy,
Humble but you're greedy
Based on your body language,
your shouted cursive I've been reading
You're style is quite selective,
though your mind is rather reckless
Well I guess it just suggests
that this is just what happiness is

Hey, what a beautiful mess this is
It's like picking up trash in dresses

Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write
Kind of turn themselves into knives
And don't mind my nerve you can call it fiction
'Cause I like being submerged in your contradictions dear
'Cause here we are, here we are

Although you were biased I love your advice
Your comebacks they're quick
And probably have to do with your insecurities
There's no shame in being crazy,
Depending on how you take these
Words that paraphrasing this relationship we're staging

And it's a beautiful mess, yes it is
It's like, we are picking up trash in dresses

Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you say
Kind of turn themselves into blades
And the kind and courteous is a life I've heard
But it's nice to say that we played in the dirt
Cause here, here we are, Here we are
Here we are

No comments:

Post a Comment