Wednesday 18 February 2009

Listen to Tommy with a candle burning, and you'll see your entire future

(I love candles... these are my kinda christmassy candles and they're my relaxing secret weapon before going to sleep.. automatically they make you feel better about your day. You'd try them!)


... Or not ... But I do think that staring at a candle burning relax you so much that you might start thinking about your future...
I wanted to mention a song that makes me thing about my future... I couldn't find one, that exactly says what I feel without feeling extremely cheesy (Not Forever Young in this blog please!) or really dark (seriously.. if you don't trust on your future... what do you have left?) . So I chose Placebo (ok, not the happiest apple of the tree.. but really, i didn't want a cheesy song..) 20 years... There's something dark and twisted about Placebo, but captivating at the same time. Even the members of the band are captivating, for some reason that its not exactly that they're handsome.
I'm on my 20's (I stopped counting after I reached that age... it looks much prettier with 0's in it) and I have at least 20 more years to worry about...
But not today...
Today, I went for a walk and enjoyed the singing of the birds and the chilly air. The spring is getting into Edinburgh and these little amazing and tiny white flowers are appearing everywhere..!
And I had a girl talk with my flatmates and we decided that boys gossiped more than girls and that from everything we have, it is ok to have a quarter-life-crisis from time to time, because you know, we are humans...
The trick in this is to find the way of finding ourselves along the way.. If we find what we need, if we get to learn how to be happy under our skin... And to live the life step by step.. why worry about 30s something crisis when you're in your 20s? obviously you'll grow older with only the thought!!
So yeah, my resolution for the next few months? Pass all the classes (including the craziness that comes with team groups), find a little corner in the huge financial area that makes me feel like home (a.k.a. I love finances.. but it's so broad and huge that I just haven't find exactly WHAT i want to do), point the destination and just go there... do everything to be able to reach it...
Enjoying every single of the step to get there.. Because you know, we don't live forever (we don't get to be vampires you know?) and if you worry too much and forget to live your life... you're going to find out at 40's that you have a mid life crisis because you never got to enjoy when you were young and you feel like blah...
Obviously, take this from a girl who's in her 20s and listens and watches too many movies/songs... But at least I have a song for you... At least I have that.. right?


Artist: Placebo
Album: Once more with feeling (singles 1996 - 2004)
Year: 2004
Title: Twenty years

There are twenty years to go
and twenty ways to know
who will wear the hat.

There are twenty years to go,
the best of all i hope.
Enjoy the ride, the medicine show.

And thems the breaks for we designer fakes.
We need to concentrate on more then meets the eye.

There are twenty years to go,
the faithful and the low.
The best of starts, the broken heart, the stone.
There are twenty years the go,
the punch drunk and the blow.
The worst of starts, the mercy part, the phone.

And thems the breaks for we designer fakes.
We need to concentrate on more then meets the eye.
And thems the breaks for we designer fakes.
But it's you I take 'cause your the truth not I.

There are twenty years to go.
A golden age I know.
But all will pass, will end to fast, you know.

There are twenty years to go,
and many friends I hope.
Though some may hold the rose some hold the rope.

And that's the end and that's the start of it.
That's the whole and that's the part of it.
That's the high and that's the heart of it.
That's the long and that's the short of it.
That's the best and that's the test in it.
That's the doubt, the doubt,
the trust in it.
That's the sight and that's the sound of it.
That's the gift and that's the trick in it.

You're the truth not I.

(The title comes from the amazing, beautiful and great movie "Almost Famous" by Cameron Crowe and Kate Hudson... you should really, really watch it!)

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment