Sunday 15 February 2009

She is such a charmer.. oh no.

(I promised you cookies, right?)


Valentine's day came and left too fast. I'm not a super fan of the holiday, honestly I do believe that is just a giant marketing machine that was created by Halmark but shamelessly, I am a victim of the marketing.

I spent a great day. I put on some jazzy music while I got ready for my dinner date with friends. I put on a rich smell lotion, light up some candles and danced around my room while I was choosing what to wear for the occasion. I believe in the magic of a little black dress, so that was my choice for tonight. Let keeps it romantic, I thought, and while I put on black mascara and rich red lips I felt happy.

The dinner was nice and fun. It is perfect to spend the night with some girls and just enjoy nice food and cold white wine. We didn't have music, which was an incredible shame. I just forgot my Ipod stereo, but as always, I had my Ipod with me.

After dinner we decided to visit Opal Lounge. And at first, when it was kinda empty I actually enjoyed it. But when the crowd arrived and the music got worst I remembered how much I hate clubs. I tried to give them a chance when I came to Edinburgh, the lights, the people dancing, it is exciting.. But the music? Not good. Not at all. And I tried. I seriously tried to like it.

I have nothing against them. I honestly believe in the freedom of choice and most of the time what I find a perfect music place for some other sucks... But why they take these great songs and transform them into something weird and awful? It is a waste of talent, and no matter if you think I'm wrong, I'm stubborn and I really believe it.

Why taking this perfect Beatles' song and make it club danceable? Or take the quite classic song Walk This Way and mix it with the same notes than Bootilicious by Beyonce.. Seriously?!

When I started listening to the tragedy I was already in bad mood. The crowd didn't let me dance, and they were pushing me. And the music was just the olive in my martini (or is it the cherry on top of the cake?) Thankfully, my friends felt the same way and we decided to go.

The coats' closet line was long and slow and didn't help much for my mood. I kept repeating like a mantra: It's Feb. 14th, you have to be in good mood. Oh, wait. Its Feb 15th already...

And then they did it. They started playing Kings Of Leon *Use Somebody* and mixed it up again. That's it! That's when I decided that I was going to take a break from clubs until they redeem themselves.

I understand how popular Kings Of Leon have become. I totally get that. And it is quite a shame, there's always something magical in finding a new band and hold them and follow them around. I love presenting them to my friends and call them independent and unknown. And it is also hear warming when you see that they're finally taking off and all their work has, well, worked - for example, I give Jason Mraz a small space in this post since his single I'm yours is now a really successful song and it has been out since 2003, so worth it if you ask me -. But I am jealous, I kinda like being one of the only people that know that music. And that happens with Kings Of Leon. I love their eclectic sound of music. I love how Caleb Followill (love the name Caleb too.. and he's kinda hot) screams the notes. It makes me giggle.

But not when some insensitive people mix their songs with Gold Digger... No. that is just so tragic.

So, by trying to make it up for the poor guys, I'll post this song for them today. It is a romantic song, (on my not average romantic sense...) though, to keep with the love celebrations. It is basically a tale of uncalled love I think... Let's keep the romance real.. not all guys and girls and princes and princesses right? It's called *Closer* and it's part of their 2008 "Only by night" cd.


Artist: Kings of Leon
Album: Only by the night
Year: 2008
Title: Closer

Stranded in this spooky town
Stoplights are swaying and the phone lines are down
This floor is crackling cold
She took my heart,
I think she took my soul
With the moon I run
Far from the carnage of the fiery sun

Driven by the strangled vein
Showing no mercy I do it again
Open up your eye
You keep on crying, baby
I’ll bleed you dry
The skies are blinking at me
I see a storm bubbling up from the sea

And it's coming closer
And it's coming closer

You, shimmy shook my bone
Leaving me stranded all in love on my own
What do you think of me
Where am I now?
Baby where do I sleep
Feel so good but I'm old,
2000 years of chasing taking its toll

And it’s coming closer

Do you like any of Kings of Leon songs? If you do, which one is your favorite? Please, tell me..!!

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment