Tuesday 17 February 2009

Who could hang a name on you?

(My black and white shoes that inspired my Girls, Girls, Girls lists)
I love lists. There's something about making a list about anything... it gives a certain degree of importance to every single silly thing on it...

And then, there's the magic of having a multiple kinds of lists! You can have a grocery list, work out list (not that I follow it too often), homework list-to-do (which I'd follow more often), housekeeping list, telephones lists, emails lists, book lists, expenses lists (omg.. so awful, probably even worst than the work out list...); but particularly, there are two lists that I love the most... All above the to-do-lists... One of it is the recipe (it is, after all a list!) and a music list...

I was mainly inspired by an AOL list of 25 songs, of all the times. They did a recollection of Heartbreaking songs (I know worst, but they were pretty good), Happy songs (not so good in my point of view) and Mend a broken heart (Awful list).

Being the perfectionist and stubborn that I am, because let's be honest, I am like that, I decided to make my own little lists... But changing the concept a bit, 25 are too many, 10 are too few, 15 is a boring number, 16 is perfect. I love the number 16. Scratch that... I tried to do that... It's too hard to choose only 16.. so we'll go with the 25...

So let's start with my little cute, amazing lists... Because you know they'll be like that!!

The first on of the lists of the lists (omg.. how amazing is that? A list of The List...) is Girls, Girls, Girls (Names)... The thing is, for me it'd be so cool to have you named after a song.. In my point of view, when you're named after a great name (well, just like me Penny) you become immediately immortal (until the song lasts, at least). And lets just not get to all the dedication possibilities... And for that reason, I have my own little collection of name songs... And I want to share them with you... (oh yes, and boys' names are coming... starting with the coolest name ever.. Daniel, (Daniel - Elton John) whose owner (my cousin) is super cool too.. but does't know who is Elton John.. which is a shame hahaha really...
And to finish my long story a small disclaimer no, they don't follow any kind of order... choosing 25 was hard enough, and I just can't choose favorites... So don't say anything..


Girls, Girls, Girls
(Names)
(totally quoting Mötley Crüe, they are wise... Tommy Lee is in it... rumor has it that their next cd is out around 2011)
  1. Meet Virginia – Train
    She only drinks coffee at midnight, when the moment is not right, her timing is quite-unusual you see her confidence is tragic, but her intuition magic And the shape of her body – unusual Meet virginia
  2. Sally – Johnny Flynn
    Sally was a daisy chain And Sally was a rock Sally let her hair hang low And Sally wore a frock Someone saw a local boy crawl along the shore Well, must be someone’s son they thought and should've thought some more
  3. Madame joy – van Morrison
    Here she comes walking I do believe it's Madame Joy Walking past that old street corner And she's looking for her boy Oh yes she is, looking for her boy
  4. Valerie – Amy Winehouse
    And I think of all the things, what you're doing, and in my head I paint a picture. Cause since I've come home, well my body's been a mess, and I miss your ginger hair, and the way you like to dress. Oh wont you come on over, stop making a fool out of me, oh why don't you come on over, Valerie.
  5. Josephine – The wallflowers
    Josephine You're so good to me And I know It ain't easy Josephine You're so sweet You must taste just like sugar & tangerines
  6. Konstantine – Something Corporate
    this is to a girl who got into my head with all the pretty things she did hey ya know you keep me up in bed this is to a girl who got into my head with all these fucked up things i did hey maybe baby you could keep me up in bed my konstanine
  7. Angelina – The Bravery
    Oh Angelina You are the sun and the moon Every song I ever sang, I stole it from you I knew that nothing could tear us apart, I never even gave it a second thought I was so sure and I was wrong, Now every single thing I ever had is gone
  8. Dear prudence – The Beatles
    Dear Prudence let me see you smile Dear Prudence like a little child The clouds will be a daisy chain So let me see you smile again Dear Prudence won't you let me see you smile
  9. Lovely Linda – Paul McCartney
    La la la la la lovely linda with the lovely flowers in her hair La la la la la lovely Linda
  10. Dakota – Stereophonics
    Thinking about thinking of you Summertime think it was June Yeah think it was June Laying back, head on the grass Children grown having some laughs Yeah having some laughs. Made me feel like the one
  11. Maria – Blondie
    She moves like she don't care Smooth as silk Cool as air Oooh it makes you wanna cry She doesn't know your name and your heart beats like a subway train Oooh it makes you wanna die Oooh don't you wanna take her? Wanna' make her all your own? Maria
  12. Medellia of the gray skies – the smashing pumpkins
    Medellia of my eyes You're the emptiness of I You're the reason that I write And if you say you will I would love you still
  13. Mrs. Robinson – Simon and Garfunkel
    And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know. God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson. Heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey..
  14. Sally Ann – Sean Hayes
    A woman of beauty A woman of pain In France or Jakarta Her shadow's the same You go home with Sally Ann You go home with Sally Ann You go home
  15. Mona Lisa – Nat King Cole
    Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa, men have named you You’re so like the lady with the mystic smile Is it only cause you’re lonely they have blamed you? For that Mona Lisa strangeness in your smile?
  16. Ruby Blue – Roisin Murphy
    It was you And them And me Look what you do Oh, Ruby Blue You'd better stop And try to think Look what you're doing Oh, Ruby
  17. Ruby’s Arms – Tom Waits
    i'll never kiss your lips again or break your heart, as i say goodbye i'll say goodbye, say goodbye to Ruby's arms.
  18. Ophelia – Natalie Merchant
    Ophelia was the rebel girl A blue stocking suffragette Who remedied society between her cigarettes And Ophelia was the sweetheart To a nation overnight Curvaceous thighs Vivacious eyes Love was at first sight
  19. Claudia – Martina Sorbara
    Claudia, wish I danced like you Danced like I had nothing to worry 'bout Except Rock & Roll
  20. Grace – Jeff Buckley
    And I feel them drown my name So easy to know and forget with this kiss But I'm not afraid to go but it goes so slow Wait in the fire...
  21. Sing Theresa – Greg Laswell
    sing," Theresa says. "sing happy things" "sing," Theresa says if i do everything one day a man will spring worth loving
  22. Lolita – elefant
    Lola is on the floor She's wanting more, she's wanting more Lola is on the floor She's wanting more… Am I wrong for loving Lola? Am I wrong for what I think? She is such a wicked child
  23. Ruby Tuesday – The Rolling Stones
    Goodbye, ruby tuesday Who could hang a name on you? When you change with every new day Still I'm gonna miss you..
  24. Anna begins – Counting Crows
    And Anna begins to toss and turn And every word is nonsense but I understand it and Oh lord. I m not ready for this sort of thing Her kindness bangs a gong Its moving me along and Anna begins to fade away It s chasing me away. she disappears, and oh lord I'm not ready for this sort of thing
  25. Letter to Elise – the cure
    Oh Elise it doesn't matter what you do I know I'll never really get inside of you To make your eyes catch fire The way they should The way the blue could pull me in If they only would

( The title comes from the lyrics Ruby Tuesday - The Rolling Stones)

Would you add another song to the list? Have you listen to them? Do you like them?? Let me hear your thoughts people..!! =)

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment