Sunday 8 March 2009

To the dancers in the rain ..



I live in in a rainy city, hell, I live in a rainy country..! I knew what I was signing for when I chose to leave sunny Mexico towards the mysterious charm of U.K. And I don't regret it. It is quite good that I just love rainy afternoons.

Like today.

Today was a clear example of how crazy Edinburgh weather really is, I mean, I woke up (feeling totally dead tired at 8 am after a night out with the girls.. but that's another story) and I listened to the sound of the raindrops angrily fighting against my window. I got out from bed and I found out that the raindrops stopped being raindrops and were snow. Snow. In March. I went to the kitchen just to find in my huge windows that the small snow now was a snow storm. Fun. Then we had sun, then rain, then more snow, then sun, the both things together.

Feeling a little bit under the weather, I just had to use this line!, I decided that it'd be wise to not go out with the crazy weather if my throat feels quite uneasy. I prepared a yummy and warm food and decided to read a little bit while eating my food (according to diet websites, this is like horrible). I put on some music, rainy day music...

Norah Jones is perfect.

I love her for baking too. Her voice just swoons me to a totally relaxed stage of mind.

So this is my rainy day song for you guys.

Artist: Norah Jones
Album: Come away with me
Year: 2002
Tittle:
The Nearness of you (original song by Hoagy Carmichael [1938])


Its not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me, oh no
Its just the nearness of you

It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings this sensation, oh no
Its just the nearness of you

When you're in my arms and I feel you so close to me
All my wildest dreams come true

I need no soft lights to enchant me
If you'll only grant me the right
To hold you ever so tight
And to feel in the night the nearness of you



Do you like rainy afternoons? What do you do when you have a rainy afternoon?

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment