Sunday 22 March 2009

Twenty something...

(This lovely, adorable shopper bag was sent by the most adorable little monster family. thank you. I promised you a pic and here it is)

I will be 24 in a bit less than two weeks.

I don't want to be twenty four hahaha. that number looks so old for some reason. I am happy with being twenty three, I feel young and pretty and with the spirit that I am capable of doing whatever I want, but twenty four, I think it has to do with the fact that is closer to the cautious 25... That is basically a quarter of a hundred... can you believe that? So many things happens when you are 25... And 24 is just twenty five - one...

Too scary...

So I decided to give you a song that will give you thinking why I'd just stay in twentyfour for forever.. (well, at least for a couple of years). While you listen to this song, I will try to find a way to stay 24 for the rest of time... Maybe I can be in the queue for a free bite from Edward Cullen and then become a vampire? I don't know.. I don't like fighting and a lot of teenagers are on that line already...

Artist: Jamie Cullum
Album: Twentysomething
Year: 2004
Title: Twentysomething

After years of expensive education,

a car full of books and anticipation,

I’m an expert on Shakespeare

and that’s a hell of a lot

but the world don't need scholars

as much as I thought.


Maybe I'll go travelling for a year,

finding myself or start a career.

I could work for the poor though

I’m hungry for fame

we all seem so different

but we're just the same.


Maybe I'll go to the gym, so I don't get fat,

aren't things more easy with a tight six pack?

Who knows the answers? Who do you trust?

I can't even separate love from lust.


Maybe I’ll move back home and pay off my loans,

working nine to five answering phones.

Don't make me live for my friday nights,

drinking eight pints and getting in fights.


I don't want to get up,

just let me lie in, leave me alone,

I'm a twenty something.


Maybe I'll just fall in love that could solve it all,

philosophers say that that’s enough,

there surely must be more.

Ooooh Love ain’t the answer nor is work,

the truth eludes me so much it hurts.


But I’m still having fun and I guess that's the key,

I'm a twenty something and I'll keep being me.


doh dah duh dah, do duh dah dah dah


I’m a twenty something.

Let me lie in, Leave me alone.

I’m a twenty something.


(Ok.. I don't really feel like this, not all the time.. but It is a fun song.. I am happy as being just like me and I'd hate to have to become someone else... so ignore me.. it is just me and the closeness of 25)


Give me ideas of what to do on my birthday... Maybe something fun to give me a break? A last party before I reach the dreadful 25? I have to work on that day (yes, I have a board meeting) but maybe after? something fun to let me forget that I am one year less than 25?


Penny


1 comment:

  1. Dude, I am 25 in less than six months! How rude :P 24 isn't so bad, I promise :)
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete